OPEN INVITATION: SPREAD THE WORD
Can you help? - I have determined to make a concerted effort to fulfil a long held ambition: to put artist David Haughton back onto the art historical map!
David first visited West Cornwall in 1947 at the invitation of Bryan Wynter. ‘Discovering’ St Just-in-Penwith on a bicycle ride with Kit Barker was a turning point for David and the town became his life-long genius loci.
I envisage a small book celebrating the valuable accomplishment of David’s masterful draughtsmanship and inspired technique, and I would like to invite all who knew David, particularly past students at the Central School of Art, to contribute recollections of David, his teaching, and his field trips to St Just and Kelynack.
If you were taught by David and/or accompanied him on visits to St Just, and would like to contribute please put pen to paper and drop me a line (or two or three or….). Artist Noel Betowski has contributed a lovely piece. Let’s make this happen! I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards
Stephen Prince
David first visited West Cornwall in 1947 at the invitation of Bryan Wynter. ‘Discovering’ St Just-in-Penwith on a bicycle ride with Kit Barker was a turning point for David and the town became his life-long genius loci.
I envisage a small book celebrating the valuable accomplishment of David’s masterful draughtsmanship and inspired technique, and I would like to invite all who knew David, particularly past students at the Central School of Art, to contribute recollections of David, his teaching, and his field trips to St Just and Kelynack.
If you were taught by David and/or accompanied him on visits to St Just, and would like to contribute please put pen to paper and drop me a line (or two or three or….). Artist Noel Betowski has contributed a lovely piece. Let’s make this happen! I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards
Stephen Prince
No comments:
Post a Comment